CIP Code - 470105
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Electronics Technology is to provide the students with entry-level skills in the electronics and related career fields and to provide entry-level electronics technicians that will meet Louisiana’s industrial needs.
The Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Electronics Technology generally prepares individuals to assemble, install, operate, maintain, and repair electrical/electronic equipment used in business and industry. This course includes instruction, on actual equipment or associated trainers, relating to power supplies, amplifiers, motors, digital and computer circuitry, programmable controllers, computer peripherals, general robotic applications, lasers, fiber optics, communication systems, and video systems.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Industrial Electronics Technology program will be able to:
- assemble, install, operate, maintain, and repair electronic equipment used in industry.
- demonstrate knowledge of DC theory, AC theory, and electronics circuits.
- use meters and test equipment.
- demonstrate knowledge of Semiconductors, digital circuits, and microprocessors.
- demonstrate knowledge of Transducers.
- demonstrate knowledge of telecommunication equipment.
- demonstrate knowledge of Ladder Logic and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- demonstrate safe and efficient work practices.