CIP Code - 510904
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Paramedic is to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide emergency medical services care to critically ill or injured patients and transport them to a medical facility for further advanced care.
This Technical Diploma program prepares students to give advanced prehospital/emergency care to victims of accidents or medical emergencies in prehospital environments. Skills taught in this program begin at the EMT-Basic level. Instruction meets the minimum standards as identified by the 2000 US Department of Transportation (DOT) National Standard Curriculum for Paramedic Education and the LA State Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (BEMS). The course is competency/outcome based and instruction includes supervised classroom/labs, preceptor clinical and field internship experiences with summative evaluations. Completion of this course of study allows the student to be eligible to take the written and practical National registry examinations for Louisiana State and National certification as a Paramedic.
This is a limited enrollment program. Students must be admitted to enroll in any of the listed courses.
The Louisiana Delta Community College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT’s Paramedic credentialing examinations(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
In this program, there are a variety of exit points a student may choose to take. They are:
- Technical Diploma in Paramedic
- Technical Competency Area (TCA) EMT-Emergency Medical Technician
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Paramedic program will be able to:
- Demonstrate utilization of information relevant to the role of a certified Paramedic on a comprehensive examination
- Demonstrate ability to perform individual and groups of motor skills in a safe, timely, and efficient manner based on professional standards
- Demonstrate personal behavior and attitude (affective behaviors) consistent with employer expectations and professional standards
- Pass the written National Registry Examination necessary for licensure in the state of Louisiana
- Pass the practical National Registry Examination necessary for licensure in the state of Louisiana
- Become employed in the health care industry within nine months of graduation
The program will publish the required outcomes of retention, National Registry written and practical examinations, and positive placement once the three year window has been met.
Click here for Gainful Employment information.