CIP Code - 430106
The mission of the Forensic Science and Technology program is to provide high quality classroom and laboratory instruction in concurrence with current practices to prepare students for careers in the field of forensic science and provide a means for current law enforcement professionals to advance in their field.
The Forensic Science and Technology program prepares students for various careers in the rapidly growing field of forensic science. Students will gain knowledge and skills that will prepare them for entrance, retention or advancement into careers such as crime scene investigation, death investigation, laboratory technology, evidence technology and general forensic science or criminal justice fields.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Forensic Science and Technology program will be able to:
- competently demonstrate the collection, safekeeping, testing and analysis of evidence.
- competently document crime scenes through sketches, photographs, and written reports.
- demonstrate familiarity with the tasks and duties of: crime scene investigators, laboratory technicians, evidence room technicians, fingerprint identification technicians, and photographic technicians.
- Students are strongly encouraged to see advisor, Claire Shepard, before registering for classes in this program.
- Public Safety Employment Awareness Statement:
- A criminal history will not hinder a student from receiving a certificate, diploma, or degree in Forensic Science from Louisiana Delta Community College; however, a student with a criminal background may be denied employment in a Public Safety field.
- For more information contact: Claire Shepard 318-345-9176 firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a Crime Scene Investigator
FAQ’s Forensic Science