CIP Code - 520101
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business & Technology is to provide quality instruction in the Program whereby students may earn an associate degree in Business Technology, transfer course credits to a four-year college, or achieve their goals in business and in computer skills and competencies needed to secure employment.
- To maintain an environment that promotes equity and access to the courses offered in the BTEC curriculum
- To integrate technology across the disciplines affording all students a variety of electronic learning opportunities
- To offer courses in management, marketing, customer service, and other business areas
- To prepare the student for management careers
- To incorporate innovative teaching competencies and programs leading to the associate degree in Business Technology, certificate programs, and specialized career training
- To offer courses transferable to four-year colleges and universities
- To present opportunities for the BTEC students to participate in relevant student organizations, community events, and interaction with the business community
- To participate with area businesses and industry to meet training needs
The Associate of Applied Science in Business & Technology combines English, math, social science, natural science, and humanities with business and computer courses to create a program designed to meet the increasing demand for entry-level business professionals. Further, a significant portion of the coursework is transferable for those students wishing to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Business and Technology program will be able to:
- define the term Business and identify the components of the business environment.
- identify the elements of the marketing mix and explain the marketing concept.
- apply and explain the three-step writing process.
- explain the basic accounting equation relative to assets, liabilities, and equity.
- use mail merge to create form letters.