CIP - 470303
The mission of the Technical Diploma in Industrial Maintenance Technology is to provide classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students to succeed through skills training programs. We are committed to teaching what is needed, when it is needed, and where it is needed with available resources. Program content is supplemented with employability skills, with safe and efficient work practices, and with the use of current industry standards and techniques.
The Technical Diploma in Industrial Maintenance Technology is designed to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the industrial maintenance field. The Industrial Maintenance Technology program prepares individuals to install, repair, and maintain industrial machinery and equipment such as pumps, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and production machinery. It includes instruction in testing, adjusting, and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, attaching supplemental equipment such as hoses, valves, gates, mechanical, electrical, and electronic control devices. It also includes instruction in material handling equipment, pipefitting, welding, metal fabrication, and millwright.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Industrial Maintenance Technology program will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of, safety and health procedures, safe operation of hand and power tools, materials handling and maintaining a safe working environment.
- construct foundations for and to assemble, dismantle, align machinery and equipment.
- demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply the principles of Pneumatics.
- demonstrate an understanding of and be able to apply the principles of Hydraulics.
- maintain and repair machinery and equipment.
- demonstrate basic occupational and employability skills.
- demonstrate the application of theory.
Click here for Gainful Employment information.
Industrial Maintenance Technology Course Listing
TCA - Metal Fabrication Apprentice
Total: 15 credit hrs./ 345 clock hrs.
CTS - Pneumatic Hydraulic Apprentice
Total: 31 credit hours / 720 clock hours
TD - Industrial Maintenance Technology
(composed of the TCA plus Sequence A, Sequence B, Sequence C or D, and JOB SEEKING SKILLS.)
The following courses may be available as multiple as one-hour courses on some LTC campuses: WELDING I, WELDING II, METAL FABRICATION, PNEUMATICS APPLICATION, HYDRAULICS APPLICATION, HYDRAULICS TROUBLESHOOTING, PIPEFITTING, MILLWRIGHT I LAB, MILLWRIGHT II LAB, BASIC ELECTRICITY LAB, INDUSTRIAL ELECRICITY, MOTOR CONTROLS, & PROGRAMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS.
Total: 45 credit hrs./ 1020 clock hrs.