CIP Code – 43.0104
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Criminal Justice is to prepare students in our region for a career in a criminal justice related field through student-centered course offerings exploring the three components of the criminal justice system: law enforcement, courts, and corrections.
- To have an understanding of the Criminal Justice System
- To gain knowledge of how society influences the Criminal Justice System
- To know the relationship between each component of the Criminal Justice System
The Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice is designed as a degree program to prepare students for employment in criminal justice related fields, both enforcement and non-enforcement fields. This program is also designed to enhance critical thinking skills for students and current practitioners in the criminal justice field.
Graduates of the Louisiana Delta Community College Criminal Justice program will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in research and presentation of issues related to the criminal justice field.
- Effectively associate and explain current social trends and their impact on the criminal justice system.
Become a professional criminal justice practitioner able to utilize critical thinking skills in the interpretation and application of the law.