Delta provides refunds to students who are enrolled at Delta and who are resigning from all classes or dropping a course during the official drop period defined each academic semester.
Adding a Class
Tuition and related fees for classes added to a student’s schedule are due at the time the “Add” is processed.
Refund - Tuition and Related Fees Policy and Procedure
(equivalent for summer session/term or alternative session)
|Withdrawal Prior to 1st Day of Class
||Tuition, All Fees
|Drop* and Registration: Days 1-4 (Official Schedule Change Period)
||Tuition, Refundable Fees
|Resignation: Days 5-10
|Resignation: Days 11-17
||Tuition, Refundable Fees
Above are subject to change with a Letter of Exception
* After official schedule change period, no refunds will be given for dropping a course or courses
- Students receiving financial assistance may not be refunded an amount greater than the amount paid by the students.
- Delta reserves the right to deduct all monies owed before refunding.
- A formal appeal process shall be in place for hearing complaints due to denial of all or part of refunds.
Higher One Debit Cards
Students with credit balances have the option of receiving refunds on the Higher One Debit Card. Check Delta’s Student Billing Office for additional information. Refund checks are mailed approximately 3 weeks after a student is deemed to be eligible for a refund.
Students indebted to Delta will not be allowed to reenter or receive an official transcript of scholastic work. A student may be dropped from class for non-payment of tuition/ fees and/or other debts when due or when a check offered by the student is not honored by the bank on which it was drawn. There will be at minimum a purge for non-payment prior to the first day of class and a purge for non-payment prior to the census date for the term. All purge dates are advertised on the Academic Calendar and campus media. The student is responsible for informing Enrollment Services of any change of address from that given at registration. Delinquent student debts are subject to being assigned to an independent collection agency, at which time a collection fee of 30% will be added and collected in addition to the original debt.
- The Deferred Payment Plan for Louisiana Delta Community College is administered by CashNet. There will be NO deferred payment plan for summer session(s). There is a $30 administrative fee charged by CashNet for each deferred payment plan agreement.
- All full payments are processed immediately. All down payments are processed immediately upon completion of the CashNet deferred payment plan agreement.
- Students may make full payments through CashNet at no charge.
- When an agreement with CashNet is terminated [usually due to a closed or frozen account] the tuition and fees for the semester will become immediately due to LDCC. Accounting will advise Enrollment Services, that the student’s transcripts and all future services to that student by LDCC be withheld until amount is paid in full. Accounting will begin collection efforts after the last day to drop with a W grade. Accounts of this nature will be turned over to the collection agency at the end of the semester.
The charge for each returned check is $25.00. When a check is returned, the student will forfeit all check writing privileges with Delta in the future. Putting a stop payment on a check will not constitute an official resignation from the College. All returned checks are turned over to the District Attorney’s office for collection.
Students may pay for tuition or other charges with a debit or credit card online or in person. If paying in person, the cardholder must have a valid ID available. If a credit card charge is disputed by the cardholder, the Student Billing office will advise the Enrollment Services department that all future services will be withheld for this student until such time the disputed charges has been resolved.